Monday 4 June 2007

Cries in the Midnight Hour

The winds of my heart whistle
As the thunder of my faith roars

The cries of my desires becon once more
As the pacifier of my taqwa shushs them away

*silence fills the mind, the heart begins to speak*

Fearing the destruction of my soul, helping myself set it on Guidance road
Before a Satan instills his whispers in my head and leads me to hell's abode

I pray to you, the Most Merciful,
Ya Allah, you made your servant weak and sinful

Nonetheless, your compassion for him surpasses that of his Mother's
And all of his friends, combined, along with his brothers

O my Creator, you gave us forgiveness and told us to never lose hope in You,
I come to you broken-hearted, with a chest ridden with pains felt in my soul, feeling blue

O Allah, Creator of the crooked rib of which is made Eve,
There is no one besides you where I can find relief

With my forelock fixed on the duniya's unforgiving ground, I plead...
Oh Allah, the All-Knowing, you know what I wish for and need

Oh the Guide, Guide my heart closer to your deen,
And make it to your service more and more keen

The illusions of this duniya are simply mirages,
That any wise person recognizes and dodges,

For the sake of your pleasure and his salvation,
For without our obedience, our souls will suffer starvation

Oh Allah, the All See-er, the All Hearer,
My invocations to you make me feel to you more nearer

What beauty is this, the beauty of faith so sweet, My Lord
And yet the many say "For the sake of this duniya, I cannot afford--

To give up my exceeding luxury,
my desires, my fame, my usury

Life's short, you gotta have fun" they say,
But what will they come up with on Judgment Day?

There will come a time where a man will cry--
Oh Allah! Give me another try, I will change, but let me not die!

And to him will be said "Nay, but fool, you have been given a chance"
Sorrowful indeed, is his last hopeless glance...

Oh the Sustainer, sustain me on your Halal
And save me from the way of Dualal

Oh Allah, make this temporary world not a pose a danger to my final abode
Truly, for every Muslim's heart who is true, for Hell Allah has forbode

I do not wish to have much in this life,
But wish for a moderate, quiet one with not too much strife

A wish I truly hope for is also this--
A spouse who firmly believes in You and makes this tiring world seem like bliss

In return, I would promise that person my devotion for your sake,
and of course, Allah, that person I will never forsake

Oh Allah, my master, I am your humble slave in this duniya underneath,
I wish to attain the Gardens of Ferdous, with rivers flowing beneath

But only with your guidance and light
Can I ever get myself to think right

To make the right choices along life's way
And not from the straight path stray away

Crying with need, and asking you with my supplications
I ask you Allah, please help me and my parents establish deeper communications

SubhanaAllah, Master of the Universe, You made humankind so diverse
With your mercy unite us on your truth, and lift from our hearts hatred's curse

May Allah unite us all at the fountain with the Prophet,
For truly indeed, this is our ultimate target

~Ameen Ya Rabal Alameen~


Alhamdulilah--You created me a Muslim Believer
Knowing this gives me more relaxation than any pain reliever

Ash-Hadu All-La illaha illa Allah, wa Ash-Hadu Anna Mohammadan Rasulul Allah

0 comments: