Monday 4 June 2007

A Heart's Concern Over It's Friend

In the midst of the enchanted night, there comes an hour
A time of deep thought, one that gives me power
And at times cultivates a pain of worry, at times, so sour

Reminiscing back to the better times we spent
"I wonder what happened and where you went"
I pray to Allah all is fine, as I cry and repent

A friendship so dear to me can make me feel
So blessed and content, for real
I pray to Allah that you're fine, I supplicate as I kneel

Raising my head from the ground, I cry
"Oh Allah, I fear to live and see my friend die!
I have no one but you, Allah, but a human is weak" I said with a sigh

A voice came in and said: "I know that a human is weak but one must
Fight against this weakness as much as they can and trust
The Almighty, who is capable of everything and anything, creating man from dust!"

Without looking behind my back I said,
"Yes, thats right, its just the pain in the head,
that can get one to struggle from moving ahead

I seem to you weak right now, in the middle of the night
but in the day, I laugh, open up and keep the sadness out of sight
I shy from showing my thoughts and weaknesses out in the daylight"

The voice came back and I felt it sit beside me on the floor,
It told me to knock at optimism's large, wide open door
And how unwise it is to make oneself suffer and feel so sore

"Allah is the caretaker, do you not agree?" the voice said
"Of course! I do indeed!" I replied. "Then don't worry about your friend, clear your head,
Your friend is in Allah's care" the voice reassured me--- and almost right away-- it fled...

0 comments: